Over the last five years I have gone on nine international missions trips. I have performed across the USA using the art of theatrical illusion to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and encourage believers. These trips and the experiences associated with them have played a major role in affirming a desire from God, a calling, to go into international missions, particularly in Latin America.
Since, March of 2008 I have been praying for the opportunity to spend an extended period of time studying and solidifying my skills as a Spanish speaker in another country. After many attempts, much hard work, and prayer; I am excited to say that a dream has become a reality. I will be attending the Spanish Language Institute in San Jose, Costa Rica June 14 - August 8, 2009. (The Spanish Language Institute is run by Latin American Missions (LAM). The school is highly recommended. Many missions agencies utilize The Institute for language training.)
Along with studying Spanish, I hope to build friendships make contacts with the other missionary students, and encourage the local Tiko family with whom I will be living. Hopefully, I will be working with a local TEAM missionary.
I am very excited about this opportunity and am very grateful for God’s provision and grace!!!
Here are a few ways you can be praying:
· Pray for my work schedule. I have a very hectic and demanding work schedule. I have two jobs and am working as much as 65 hours a week. Pray that I don’t burn out. And that I will stay focused on my quieted time!
· Pray that I would learn quickly and retain information quickly!!
· Pray that I would be an encouragement to the family where I will be staying, my fellow students, the teachers, and the missionary in Costa Rica.
· Pray that I will draw closer to God!
· Pray for safety in travel and health.
I have created a BlogSpot to post prayer requests and give updates throughout the trip. www.whereispuckett.blogspot.com or feel free to shoot me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 971-409-5291.
Thanks you for you prayer!