Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Convicted

1 Peter 3:8-9 (8) To sum up, all of you be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit;(9) not returning evil for evil or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing.

“All of you be harmonious.” That is what Paul said. However he does not just say to be “harmonious” (i.e. like minded) but he tells how to be harmonious with God and believers.

In order to be harmonious…
• Be sympathetic, and kindhearted. We are we are to care about other people.
• Be humble in spirit. Sinful pride will hinder and ultimately destroy the “harmony” if it goes un-checked.
• Do not return evil for evil or insult for insult. Taking revenge will not build like minded harmony.
• Bless those who are hard to love!

The call to harmonious is a call to be a blessing. God has blessed us and called us out of life of sin to be a blessing. And in this passage specific case a blessing to each other.

Sadly, I have not been living in harmony with certain people or with God. I have been harboring anger in my heart. My desire to bless and encourage believers has faltered. And even worse my time with God has not been as it should. I have forgotten to be like minded with Christ!!!!




And so to God and whom it may concern,
I am sorry for my actions over the past several months. Please forgive me for being even a little distracted from seeking ways to be a blessing! Please forgive me for not being a humble and gentle man after Your (God’s) own heart!

Sincerely,
Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment